Monday, June 22, 2009

Update on 1200 Lbs Worth of Friendly

I posted about the horse accompanying my husband on his walk around the pond. Well, tonight we set out together for a walk, and it happened again. We were on the narrow path beside the pond (where the water moccasin was before), and we heard the pounding of hooves. He came right up to us, nuzzled each of us, then started to walk with us. If we stopped, he got a little ahead, then stopped and waited for us. If he stopped to eat grass, and we got ahead, he ran to catch up.

As I've said many times before, I'm SO glad the neighbors can't see us.

Gus was walking between us, just as sweetly as could be. It's amazing how much fun it takes out of the walk when you're constantly having to watch where his feet are in relation to yours. (I was wearing sandals - ouch.)

I have to remember to bring a camera next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Blog Widget by LinkWithin