Saturday, June 20, 2009

Identifying a Weed

Sometimes I feel so stupid. We have a weed that grows lushly around the pond, and we see it all along the roads.

But we can't figure out what it is.

I'm sure that anyone living around here would look at this picture and know instantly what it is.



A landscaper told us it was dog fennel, but it doesn't look like the pictures of dog fennel we find on line.



It's everywhere, and I'd like to know what it is, and whether it's a larval food for any good insects. If anyone who sees this recognizes it, could you please leave a comment?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I don't know what your weed is...I am sure we get very different weeds than you do.

    I think I forgot to answer your question regarding what I eat on my Farm. I am sorry. Sometimes I am a bad goat that way. I eat a lot of grass and weeds ( I love knapweed and sulfa cinquefoil) in the summer. In the winter I get hay that is a mix of alfalfa and rougher grasses. I also get dairy goat grain....mmmmm, grain! Plus the publicist gives me a treat every night. Usually apples but sometimes carrots or greens from the garden like broccoli leaves or carrot greens or beet greens. Hmmm, now I am hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... weed in oklahoma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Space monkey meds Canna Pure Pharmacycanna pure pharmacy is known as McDonald’s of the cannabis industry. The American online distributor of marijuana (buy weed online USA, buy weed online Canada), hash oil for sale,buy edibles online and THC extracts accepts Bitcoin. Even in a legalized marijuana state, mail order marijuana | CANNA PURE PHARMACY

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Blog Widget by LinkWithin