Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Bees Were Real...

A while ago I posted about my husband looking up while fishing and seeing a huge swarm of bees..



http://wannabeinthecountry.blogspot.com/2009/05/buzzed.html



Well, today I stopped at a nearby roadside stand because they were advertising local honey. The young girl manning it told me that her family has over 200 hives. Just then, her mother drove up with some more stock. As we were chatting, it occurred to me to mention the bee incident, and ask if by any chance they had a hive near our house.

It turns out that their main beefarm is just down the street from our house, and that one of the hives had swarmed, so it was almost certainly their bees my husband saw.

This is what I love about living in a rural, less populated area. Everything is personal. When we describe where we live, we normally just say, "We bought so-and-so's house." And everyone knows where that is. (She did.) In a more heavily populated county, what would the odds have been of actually meeting the person whose bees flew over our house?

She gave me her card so that I can call her if the bees come by again. I commented that normally you call your neighbor to say, "Hey, your dog is over here again," not "Come get your bees."

I have to say that I kind of hope it happens. I'd love to see how she retrieves a swarm of bees...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Blog Widget by LinkWithin