Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Why Are the Hummingbirds Nervous?

We've been having lots of hummingbirds at our feeder, so many that my husband had to place a second feeder on the rail temporarily because the hanging feeder looked like the OK Corral with all the hummingbird fights. They are vicious little birds.



We were getting lots of action at the second feeder...



and then it stopped.

Hmmm, I can't imagine why.




Gus, the great hunter. He has absolutely no idea why they've stopped coming.



The birds should wish all cats were like this one.

Last year, Gus was asleep on a planter hanging from our neighbor's deck (squashing all of her flowers, of course). I was watching him, thinking that I should go get him, when I saw a squirrel sneaking up behind him. I swear this is true -- it crept right up to him, tapped him on the back, and ran away.

Gus slept through the whole thing. That squirrel had quite a tale for his friends....
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Blog Widget by LinkWithin