Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Horse Pictures...



This is Gus. He's an 18-year-old gelding. Isn't he handsome? He's sweet as can be, too. Our neighbors were target-shooting the other day, and he didn't even flinch at the first shot.



This is Tina Turner. She's a Shetland pony (?) of indeterminate age. She had a bit of an attitude at first, but we're coming to terms, and she's starting to let me pet her and lead her.

The horse feeding went pretty well tonight. Gus saw me at the shelter and came right in to get his. I closed the gate, and gave Tina hers outside in a bucket. Then I went and distracted the goats by feeding them so that they wouldn’t bother her. While I was feeding the goats, the ducks started quacking at me, so I got them some corn and they led me down to their feeding spot. Then I tried to get Tina into the corral, but Gus was blocking the way, so I had to let her stay free for a while until he went into shelter.

It's like a dance that I don't quite have down yet, but we'll get there!

Please excuse the odd spacing in these posts. I'm still figuring out how Blogger works.

1 comment:

  1. Congrads on petting Tina. She has spirit, does'nt she?

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Blog Widget by LinkWithin