Sunday, November 1, 2009

Fall Arrives in South Carolina

We had a beautiful, moody day here yesterday. It was a very cloudy day, and we got rain later on (poor Halloweeners!), but when the sun peeked out, we got these views.



If you click on the picture to make it bigger, you can see the range of colors.



A blue heron visited. He comes by from time to time, but didn't seem to catch much this time. I love how the wild shrubs around the pond have changed colors. That tall plant we couldn't identify before is dog fennel. It turns wild and lush in the fall. The county extension agent told us that the reddish plants are willows.



Then the clouds would shade the sun again, and we'd get this....all within the space of a few minutes.



I think fall is my favorite season. We do get four seasons here, just not as dramatically as in more northern climes, but I like it that way. I don't care if I never see snow again...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Blog Widget by LinkWithin