Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Rainy Veterans' Day

It's a cold, rainy and windy Veterans' Day here in South Carolina. Everything's relative, isn't it? Cold here means that it'll be in the 50's today. The wind was howling, though, and it's been raining since yesterday, so the animals are pretty miserable.



I went out to feed them this morning, and as I started down the hill with the hay, Gus the horse started neighing for all he was worth, the goats started maa-ing, and Shelby the Muscovy-mallard cross duck started quacking loudly. I burst out laughing, thinking about how my life has changed in the last year. I'm grateful for all our blessings.



A big thank you to all the active duty military and veterans out there for all you've done in serving our country. I am continually impressed by your dedication, willingness to sacrifice, and concern for your fellow soldiers, airmen, sailors, and marines. And let's not forget the Coast Guard!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Blog Widget by LinkWithin