Thursday, October 8, 2009

Irving Is In the Doghouse

Well, very-new-cat Irving has disgraced himself. Yesterday my husband caught him peeing on a pile of his clothing on the guest bed, which has (had?) a very new mattress.

I've been researching this kind of behavior, and we think that he was upset because my husband had been paying attention to the other new cat, but understanding the reason doesn't make it any easier to live with, given that there are other things in the house that we really don't want him to use as a lavatory.

So Irving is going to be a garage cat for a while.



We're watching him to make sure it isn't a physical problem (male cats get urinary tract infections), but I'm not exactly sure how we'll know it's safe to let him back in.

In the meantime, he seems to be okay with it. I think I'm having a harder time with it than he is. I was loving having a lap cat around again, and he's a great lap cat. In the meantime, though, Irv is safe and warm, well fed, and still loved.



Irv, why'd you have to do it? You were sitting in butter, pal!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

You Might Also Like

Blog Widget by LinkWithin