Saturday, May 1, 2010

Goats Have Personality

I know most people probably think that goats don't have personalities, or at least not individual personalities, but that couldn't be more wrong.

For example, I know exactly what this look from Arlene means.



It means she wants my husband to pull some of the muscadine grape vine down off the tree for her to eat. She'll go look at the vine, or the branch she wants to eat, and then turn and look pleadingly at my husband. Of course, he gives it to her. He can't resist The Look.

This next look, however, means 'pet me.' She loves having her head and ears rubbed, and will beg for it like a dog does. She's also amazingly gentle with us considering the power she's got in her body and horns. When she and Emma play by butting heads, we can hear the thud across the pasture. They must have incredibly thick skulls.



This look, of course, means 'Put down the camera and pet me -- NOW.'



Back later...I've got goat petting duty...

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I've had fish and hamsters with great personalities--why wouldn't a goat have one???

    She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Blog Widget by LinkWithin