Tuesday, March 23, 2010

When the Vultures Come

Mrs. Howell, our white female duck, died last week. She was fine one day, and then all of a sudden she was floating in the pond.


We're pretty sure this fellow caused it. I probably shouldn't say how, but when I saw him at the flea market and thought how beautiful he was, I wasn't thinking about how much bigger he was than our female ducks.


Let's just say that ducks can be rough with each other this time of year. I've read that drowning of female ducks has become a bigger problem as domestic ducks get bigger and wild ducks don't, but I would have thought Mrs. Howell was big enough for it not to be a problem.

The vultures showed up for her today. Cycle of life....


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Poor Mrs. Howell. I don't do so well with the cycle of life stuff. I know, I am a wuss. Statch I have gotten so far behind on my blog stuff that I am going to get caught up reading and finish here.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Blog Widget by LinkWithin